Magisk is one of the best root solutions for Android phones. However, when you root your Android phone and install Magisk, you can’t use some banking-related apps. Besides banking apps, some games also don’t work with Magisk installed. Earlier the Magisk Hide feature allowed users to hide root from banking apps. But in Magisk v24 or later, the Magisk Hide feature has been removed. So, to run the banking apps you need to uninstall Magisk from your Android phone.
Uninstalling Magisk from your Android phone is not very tricky. Just like installing, there are several ways to uninstall or remove the Magisk. If you have the Magisk app installed on your phone, you can uninstall it using that. Besides that, you can also use Custom Recovery like TWRP or your PC to uninstall Magisk.
SEE ALSO: How to Hide Apps on your Android Phone?
Uninstall or Remove Magisk from your Android Phone
So, in this tutorial, we will show you how to remove Magisk from the Android phone using the App, TWRP Recovery, and PC. Let’s start with the easiest method first.
Method 1: Remove Magisk using Android App
Uninstalling Magisk via the Magisk app is quite easy. All you need to have is the Magisk app must be installed on your phone.
- Open the Magisk App on your Android phone.
- Now, tap on the Uninstall Magisk button to remove Magisk from your Android phone. After that, tap on COMPLETE UNINSTALL button. After uninstalling Magisk, your phone will reboot.
Method 2: Remove Magisk using TWRP
the second method we are going to talk about is via the TWRP recovery. So, if you have installed TWRP recovery in your Android phone, you can use it to uninstall Magisk.
- First, download the Magisk APK from this Github page.
- After downloading, rename the APK file to
uninstall.zip. You can use any file manager app for this. Make sure to put the
uninstall.zipfile at the root of your SD card.
- Next, boot to TWRP recovery using Power and Volume button combination. You can search on Google to find the correct key combination for your device model.
- Tap on Install button on TWRP home screen. After that, browse and select the
uninstall.zipfile from your SD card.
- Finally, swipe write at the bottom to uninstall Magisk from your Android phone. You can see the progress on the screen. After the process is complete, tap on Reboot System button to restart your phone.
- If you also have the Magisk app on your phone, uninstall it like any other Android app.
Method 3: Uninstall Magisk using PC
You can also use your PC to remove Magisk from your Android phone. However, you will have to set up ADB on your PC first. Besides that, you will also need to enable USB debugging on your phone. Once you are ready, follow these steps.
- Download the stock
boot.imgfile for your current ROM and put it into the ADB folder.
- Open Command Prompt in ADB folder and boot your phone to fastboot mode using the
adb reboot bootloadercommand.
- run the
fastboot devicescommand to view attached devices.
- Now, flash the stock boot.img file using fastboot commands. Type
fastboot flash boot C:\adb\boot.imgand press Enter. Here,
C:\adb\boot.imgis path of the stock recovery image file.
- Above command will replace current recovery with stock recovery and uninstall Magisk from your Android phone as well. After the process is complete, type
fastboot rebootcommand to start your phone in normal mode.
Remove Magisk from Android Phone Easily
After removing Magisk from your Android phone, you can now continue installing your favorite banking apps or games. Your phone will be unrooted after uninstalling Magisk. So, banking apps won’t have any issues.
All three methods explained above are quite easy and simple. So, you won’t have any troubles following them. In case you have any troubles, feel free to write them down in the comment section down below.